By Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang, Padmakara Translation Group
This consultant offers readers with crucial history info for learning and working towards with Patrul Rinpoche's Words of My excellent instructor— the textual content that has, for greater than a century, served because the trustworthy sourcebook to the non secular practices universal to all of the significant faculties of Tibetan Buddhism. by means of delivering chapter-by-chapter remark in this well known paintings, Khenpo Pelzang offers a clean point of view at the position of the instructor; the phases of the trail; the view of the 3 Jewels; Madhyamika, the foundation of transcendent knowledge; and masses extra.
Read Online or Download A Guide to the Words of My Perfect Teacher PDF
Best tibetan books
This ebook comprises eloquent and encouraging vintage writings that lay out the primary trainings at the course of Tantra---in specific, using visualization and sound in meditation perform. The texts integrated listed here are one of the most generally studied commentaries from the Tibetan culture.
Jamgön Kongtrul’s encyclopedic Treasury of data provides a whole account of the key strains of proposal and perform that include Tibetan Buddhism. one of the ten books that make up this travel de strength, e-book Six is via some distance the longest—concisely summarizing the theoretical fields of information to be studied ahead of the cultivation of mirrored image and discriminative expertise.
This can be Lotsawa Tony’s magnum opus. He all started writing it within the overdue 1990’s and has been letting it mature on the grounds that. He has been in no hurry to submit it simply because he intends it to be the normal reference for Tibetan grammar for the foreseeable destiny. the total paintings is envisaged as a chain of volumes.
- The Dark Red Amulet: Oral Instructions on the Practice of Vajrakilaya
- Himalayan Hermitess: The Life of a Tibetan Buddhist Nun
- Treasures from Juniper Ridge: The Profound Treasure Instructions of Padmasambhava to the Dakini Yeshe Tsogyal
- Journey Without Goal: The Tantric Wisdom of the Buddha
Additional resources for A Guide to the Words of My Perfect Teacher
3) Wishing to Repay Their Kindness Your present and former mothers, in their kindness, have greatly helped you. They gave all they gained and achieved to their children and took all their losses and failures on themselves. They provided every material comfort and happiness for their children and endured all negative actions, hardships, and malicious talk by themselves. Now it is your turn, as their child, to consider the well-being of your old mothers. If you think about this, they all want happiness, from the temporary pleasure of a warm day to the bliss of perfect buddhahood, and yet they do not know how to accomplish the THE FREEDOMS AND ADVANTAGES 25 cause of happiness, which is virtue, nor the sublime path.
As for lack of effort, whether or not you have received Dharma teachings, if you are not interested in the Dharma, you will be no more motivated than a horse offered a bone or a dog presented with some grass. You should remedy this by thinking how difficult it is to come across the Dharma and how hard it is to find a spiritual friend, and by developing an insatiable interest in each and every word of Dharma and its meaning. Outward distraction can give rise to negative emotions such as lust and should therefore be remedied by concentrating your thoughts.
Just as good food mixed with a little poison tastes delicious when we eat it but gives rise to intense pain as we digest it, similarly, positive actions may result in rebirth in the higher realms but will not give liberation from samsara if you cling to the three concepts and consider that they are real. You should therefore avoid this sort of dedication. + Wholesome Dedication This refers to the pure dedication free from the three concepts, and such a dedication can be authentic or a surrogate.
A Guide to the Words of My Perfect Teacher by Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang, Padmakara Translation Group